This means there needs to be a platform where we bring together the Financial Institutions, Regulators, Government Bodies and Fintech companies of Ukraine.
08:30 Registration and coffee
- Kateryna Rozhkova, First Deputy Governor, National Bank of Ukraine
- Gert Antsu, Ambassador of the Republic of Estonia to Ukraine
- Vera Platonova, GM, Senior Vice President SEE CIS, Visa Inc
- Yaroslav Sovgyra, Associate General Manager, Moody’s Investor Services Ltd, United Kingdom
- Session Moderator : Sebastian Rubaj, Deputy CEO, Head of Retail Banking, First Ukrainian International Bank.
‘Bank of the Future, Global View and CIS banks’ Experience’ by Yaroslav Sovgyra, Moody’s Investors Service Ltd.
How “bank of the future” will look like? How will technological innovations change banking as we know it? How far has Ukraine advanced in bank innovations compared to other CEE countries?
10:15 Panel Discussion | Панельная дискуссия:
It is difficult to be successful fintech without a Bank, and vice versa it is difficult to build the successful Bank without Fintench
- THE INNOVATION or the FINTECH -> what goes first?
- Where is the current battlefield in the Fintech world?
- Big data -> and it usage
- Crypto currency
- Artificial intelligence
- Peer to Peer financial services (payments, lending, fund raising)
- Open API – PSD2 – TPP
- New user experience – G and A PAY/FACE ID/Apple Card
- Digital ID
- Social Banking
- Voice assistant Payment
2. Fintech and Banks -> are they competitors? Or it is better to say it is the only logical marriage?
3. Who is the key beneficiary of the Fintech boom: the end user/bank/investor/the fintech management?
4. What are the factors neccessary to happen to make the Fintech successful? | Какие факторы необходимы для успеха Fintech?
12:00 Focus Sessions “What’s New in FinTech?”
- KYC / Electronic ID
- Alternative Finance / Lending
- Other innovations
- Harmonization of the Ukrainian payment infrastructure: PSD2, IBAN, ISO 20022 by Oleksandr Yablunivskyi, Payment Systems and Innovations Department of National Bank of Ukraine
- What banks can learn from neobanks and fintechs by Remco Veenenboer, W.UP (Hungary)
- There has been a perfect storm brewing in the financial sector, with customer expectations changing by the minute and hungry new players, including digital-only neobanks like Revolut or N26 and tech behemoths such as Amazon all wanting their piece of the pie. Not being hampered by legacy systems and a sprawling physical infrastructure, neobanks have put customer experience at the heart of everything they do. So what can they teach banks?
- Licensing requirements and procedures for Domestic and International Payment Systems by Oleksandr Bevz, Director, Head of Licensing Department, National Bank of Ukraine
- ‘Using Alternative Data in Trading Decisions’ by Julian Kaljuvee, UBS (United Kingdom) – details will follow shortly
- Over the last 10 years, increases in computing power and personal device usage created massive growth in data generation. As a direct outcome, a large number of companies emerged to collect, clean, analyse, and interpret data and provide it as a product that could inform investment decisions. The growth has been particularly prominent in the US but in past few years the trend is becoming prominent in Europe as well.
- The talk will focus on overview the various types of alternative data, including web traffic, sentiment analysis, geo location and anonymised credit card and bank transaction data, present the so-called alternative data stack (there are currently over 400 providers globally) and cover a few case studies how they are used in practice by buy-side player such as hedge funds to generate superior alpha.
14:30 New information from regulator and sector players
- Regulations (Bank ID…)
- New Developments (Banks, FinTechs)
- Tsyhanov Oleh, Program Manager, Strategy and Reforming Department, National Bank of Ukraine.
1. What do I need to know as a business / bank owner in order to make a decision whether or not to use BankID NBU for business?
2. How to protect and not merge the database by connecting to the system?
3. Why has the BankID system of the NBU been available more than 2 years, and there are only six banks using it?
4. What are the risks when using BankID NBU?
5. Who did not have time – was late, who was afraid – flew by. Do I need to explain why the first win? Present and future of remote services in Ukraine.
6. Your choice: healthy competition and development or an attempt to stay in the past? How to reduce operating costs and become easier and closer to existing and new customers: how to get them?
7. We give 24 hours to make a decision: will your business be involved in the future?
8. What National Bank has done lately and what does it plan to do for the development of remote services of banks and companies in Ukraine?
9. Latest news BankID NBU: everything else.
10. Whose BankID is the best?
11. How can BankID help restore the stock market?
12. BankID is an ideal introvert tool.
Interactive Discussion with audience on BankID
19:00 Live Broadcasting: Presidential Debate.